5. Check-In and Other Requirements of Carriage
5.1 Check-In, Deadlines and Conditions: For domestic flight, our check-In counters are open two (2) hours before the scheduled flight departure time and close forty-five (45) minutes before the scheduled flight departure time. For international flight, our check-In counters are open three (3) hours before the scheduled flight departure time and close one (1) hour before the scheduled flight departure time. Check-In deadlines may vary at different airports and for particular flights. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with these deadlines particulars of which will be available at the time you make your booking. And for passengers using international credit card, their original credit card is required to present upon check in. In any event, without derogating from the generality of other provisions of these Terms and Conditions governing the right of refusal of carriage, we reserve the right not to allow you to Check-In without any liability to you and without making refund and/or any liability to you.Connecting Flight passenger will be check-in only once at the airport of origin without having to check-in at the trasit airport.
5.2 Boarding: You must be at the boarding gate at least twenty (20) minutes before the scheduled departure time for Domestic Route and at least forty (40) minutes before the scheduled departure time for International Route.
5.3 No-show: If you fail to Check-In on time or fail to board the aircraft by the time the aircraft departs, the fare you paid will not be refunded to you for any reason whatsoever.
5.4 Compliance: You are solely responsible for complying with all laws, regulations, orders, demands and requirements of countries flown from, into or over and with our Terms and Conditions, notices and instructions given by us relating thereto. We shall not be liable in any way whatsoever to you in connection with obtaining necessary documents or complying with such laws, regulations, orders, demands, notices, requirements or instructions, whether given orally or in writing or otherwise, or for the consequences to you resulting from your failure to obtain such documents or to comply with such laws, regulations, orders, demands, notices, requirements or instructions.
5.5 Travel Documents: You are responsible for obtaining and must possess and have available for presentation as required by the relevant authorities all entry and exit, which is the photo identification card, or any government-issued card or your passport, health certificate and other documents required by law, regulations, order, demands or requirements of the countries flown from, into or over. We reserve the right to refuse carriage to any Passenger who has not complied with, or whose documents do not appear to comply with, such applicable laws, regulations, orders, demands or requirements.
5.6 Refusal of Entry: You agree to pay the applicable fare and/or penalties or fines whenever we, on order of any Government or immigration authority, are required to return you to your point of origin or elsewhere, owing to your inadmissibility into a country, whether of transit or destination. In such circumstances we will not refund the fare to you.
5.7 Passenger Responsible for Fines, Detention Costs, etc.: If we are required to pay or deposit any fine or penalty or to incur any expenditure by reason of your failure to comply with laws, regulations, orders, demands or other travel requirements of the countries flown from, into or over or to produce the required documents, you shall on demand reimburse to us any amount so paid or expenditure so incurred or to be paid. We may apply towards such payment or expenditure the value of any carriage unused by you, or any funds due to you in our possession.
5.8 Security Inspections: You shall submit to any security or health checks by Government or airport officials or by us.
6. Refusal and Limitation of Carriage
6.1 Right to Refuse Carriage: We may refuse carriage of you or your baggage for reasons of safety or if, in the exercise of our reasonable discretion, we determine that:
• Such action is necessary for reasons of safety or security;
• such action is necessary in order to comply with any applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state or country to be flown from, into or over;
• your conduct, status, age or mental or physical condition or the physical condition of your baggage is such as to (i) require special assistance or (ii) cause harm, discomfort or make yourself objectionable to other passengers or our crew or (iii) involve any hazard or risk to yourself or other persons or to property;
• you have committed misconduct on a previous flight and such conduct may be repeated;
• you have not observed, or are likely to fail to observe, our instructions;
• you have refused to submit to a security check;
• the applicable fare or any charges or taxes payable have not been paid;
• the payment of your fare is fraudulent;
• you do not have the proper documents for travel;
• the booking of our Seat has been done fraudulently or unlawfully or has been purchased from a person not authorized by us;
• the credit card by which you paid for the fare has been reported lost or stolen;
• the Itinerary or booking or Electronic Ticket is counterfeit or fraudulently obtained;
• the Itinerary has been altered by anyone other than us or our authorized agent, or has been mutilated (in which case we reserve the right to retain such documentation); and/or
• the person checking in or boarding cannot prove that he is the person named as the passenger on the itinerary (we reserve the right to retain such Itinerary in this circumstance).
6.2 Unaccompanied Child: Children below age 12 will not be accepted for carriage unless they are accompanied by a person of at least 16 years of age.
6.3 Passengers Requiring Special Care: We classify passengers requiring care during boarding the aircraft into 2 categories as follows:
a) ‘Passenger requiring care’ means passenger with capability to walk to the gate and board the aircraft alone but may require assistance during the flight or boarding. In this case, we will allow the booking and Check-In procedure of such passenger. We will provide a wheelchair for use and will lead to the gate without assistance in the flight or boarding.
In case a wheelchair is required, such requirement must be notified to us when the booking is made (in case of booking was made through website, passenger must contact Nok Air at least 48 hours before the departure flight); otherwise, we will reserves the right to provide services.
b) ‘Passenger requiring special care’ means passenger who requires assistance in walking to the gate and/or boarding, and/or is unable to travel alone for any reason (including children of less than 12 year old). In this case, we will allow such passenger to board under the condition that his/her escort must be accompanying to provide such passenger the assistance during the flight and boarding.
Passenger requiring special care must notify us of the requirement for special care when the booking is made (in case of booking was made through website, passenger must contact Nok Air at least 48 hours before the departure flight). The name of escort must be given to us provided that such escort must be traveling and accompanying such passenger in the same flight; otherwise, we reserve the right to deny boarding and refund airfare to such passenger.
6.4 Pregnant Passengers: It is the duty of pregnant passengers to advise us of the progress of their pregnancy at the point of booking the package. Our carriage of pregnant passengers is subject to the following conditions:
Nok Air has the authority to disallow an expectant mother to travel if there are obvious signs that the passenger is not fit to fly even though the medical certificate states the contrary.
6.5 Infants less than 14 days old: We reserve the right not to carry infants less than fourteen (14) days old.
6.6 Sick /Injured Passenger: Passengers with surgery/operation less than 7 days shall present a medical certificate confirming that he/she fits to travel by air. A medical certificate is required for sick or injured passengers as well. The medical’s certificate shall be valid for 7 days from its issued date and sign a Limited Liability Statement upon check in confirming that they are fit to travel.
6.7 No Refund: We reserve the right not to refund fares, surcharge and other fees to passengers who are refused for carriage.
6.8 Others: We may cancel or disallow any passengers that we deem inappropriate to board the aircraft.
6.9 Arrangement/Operating by Carrier: For operational reasons, Nok Air reserves the right to contract a third party to operate some of its flights. Should this be the case, the passenger will be informed accordingly at check-in.
7.1 Items Unacceptable as Baggage or to be carried inside Baggage:
We reserve the right to refuse carriage of such baggage or such items found in baggage as follows:
• items which are not properly packed in suitcases or other suitable containers in order to ensure safe carriage with ordinary care and handling;
• items which are likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board the aircraft, such as those specified in the Dangerous Goods Regulations of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and in our Terms and Conditions of Contract.
• items the carriage of which is prohibited by the applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state or country to be flown from, to or over;
• items which in our reasonable opinion are unsuitable for carriage by reason of their weight, shape, size or character;
• fragile or perishable items;
• fresh or frozen seafood or other meats
• firearms and ammunition;
• explosives, flammable or non-inflammable gas (such as aerosol paints, butane gas, lighter refills) refrigerated gas (such as filled aqualung cylinders, liquid nitrogen), flammable liquids (such as paints, thinners, solvents) flammable solids (such as matches, fire lighters), organic peroxides (such as resins), poisons, infective substances (such as viruses, bacteria), radioactive material (such as radium), corrosive materials (such as acid, alkali, mercury, thermometers), magnetic substances, oxidizing materials (such as bleaches).
• weapons such as antique firearms, swords, knives and similar items provided that such items may be allowed as checked baggage at our absolute discretion for very special reasons. These cannot be carried into the aircraft for any reason whatsoever.
7.2 Valuable and Fragile Goods: Passengers are strongly advised not to Check-In such items as baggage. If they are checked in as baggage, passengers agree they send for carriage of such items at their own risk. Such items include money, jewelry, precious metals, silverware, electronic devices, computers, cameras, video equipment, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, passports and other identification documents, title deeds, artifacts, manuscripts and the like.
7.3 Animals: In case of guide dog, passenger must contact Nok Air call center at least 48 hours before the departure flight and must check-in at airport counter.Guide dogs accompanying Passengers with disabilities will be carried free of charge in addition to the normal free baggage allowance,subject to conditions specified by Nok Air. Passenger will have to provide the two (2) absorbent mat plastic sheets, muzzle (for use on-board should the dog causes disturbance), and medical certificate as evidence of the passenger’s dependence on a service animal or other documents as requires prior to uplift. A maximum of one (1) service animal is allowed per flight.
7.4 Items Require Special Handling: Such items as following
• Sports Equipment (Bicycle, Golf, Diving Equipment, Surfboard, Archery Equipment, Fishing Equipment, etc.)
• Musical Instruments (Guitars, Drums, Keyboard instrument, zither, etc.)
• Bulky Items (LCD TV, Computer, Electronic Equipment, Handicrafts, etc.)
Include other special equipment, special baggage which require special handling, are entitled (please refer to Fee Schedule) even though total weight does not exceed 15 kg. These items weight does not combine with the weight of passenger’s baggage, and weight must not exceed 30 kg. Nok Air will not be liable for any damages that may occur due to inappropriate packing.
7.5 Right to Search: For reasons of safety and security, we may require you to undergo a search, x-ray or other type of scan on your person or your baggage. We reserve the right to search your baggage in your absence if you are not available, for the purpose of determining whether you are in possession of or whether your baggage contains any unacceptable or prohibited items. If you refuse to comply with such searches or scans we reserve the right to refuse carriage of you and your baggage without refund of fare to you and without any other liability to you. In the event that a search or scan causes injury to you or damage to your baggage, we shall not be liable for such injury or damage unless the same is due to our fault or negligence.
7.6 Checked Baggage: Upon delivery to us of baggage to be checked, we shall take custody thereof and issue a Baggage Identification Tag for each piece of checked baggage. Checked baggage must have your name or other personal identification affixed securely to it. Checked baggage will be carried on the same aircraft as you unless we decide for safety, security or operational reasons to carry it on an alternative flight. If your checked baggage is carried on a subsequent flight we will deliver it to the station of your destination within a reasonable time of arrival of that flight unless applicable law requires you to be present for customs clearance.
7.7 Pre-Purchased Baggage: A baggage fee is charged for the carriage of Checked Baggage, which will be charged a rate if purchased at time of booking or up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure or at a full rate at the Airport Check-in counters. Any passenger checking in baggage which exceeds the amount purchased at time of booking will be charged on a per kg basis at the Airport Check-in counters. Please refer to our fee schedule for details on all rates. The fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
7.8 Excess Checked Baggage: Each passenger can carry baggage according to ticket type and pre-purchased baggage type. If, in our absolute discretion, baggage in excess of the baggage allowance is accepted for carriage (including the passenger who purchased Connecting Flights) shall be liable for an excess baggage, you shall pay a charge for the carriage of that excess baggage at the rate as below: